HERE WE ARE APPROACHING THE LAST LEG OF THE SCHOOL YEAR! AMAZING!
WE HAVE PARTNERED UP WITH SUNCOAST SEABIRD SANCTUARY and will be raising awareness and materials for their not for profit organization. we will be spotlighted in their newsletter! more Information to follow!
Founded in 1971 by Zoologist Ralph T. Heath.
For over 40 years, the Sanctuary has been dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured birds with the goal of their eventual release back into nature.
The Sanctuary is world renowned for its rehabilitation techniques, and was the first facility to breed Eastern Brown Pelicans in captivity.
The Sanctuary is staffed by experienced professionals and dedicated volunteers who all share the same love and compassion for the birds they care for.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES JOIN ME AND MY FAMILY FOR A COMMUNITY BEACH CLEAN UP IN OCTOBER!!!!! ALL ARE WELCOME!!! CLOSE TOE SHOES PLEASE, WATER BOTTLES, Hats and sunscreen!!!!!
Indian Rocks Beach Coastal Clean-up Saturday, October 17, 2015 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT) Beach Access 1700 Gulf Blvd Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785 Shoreline Volunteer Order #458887364. Ordered by Suzanne Mizzi on September 27, 2015 9:41 PM
REGISTER FOR WALK LIKE MADD TO END DRUNK DRIVING!!!!
We walk to end drunk driving. Will you take up the fight by joining us at Walk Like MADD / MADD Dash 5K Pinellas? WALK LIKE MADD / MADD DASH 5K is your chance to do something about drunk driving in our community. This year, thousands of people in over 90 cities around the nation will participate in 5k events to eliminate drunk driving from our roadways. You can help MADD eliminate drunk driving by signing up for Walk Like MADD / MADD Dash 5K Pinellas as a runner or walker , team captain, or volunteer. You can even be involved without attending the event by signing up as a virtual walker or making a donation to another walker or team.
WHEN NOVEMBER 21, 2015
WHERE LARGO CENTRAL PARK
WHAT TIME 7:30A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
tCOMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
TAMPA BAY WATCH
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Tampa Bay Watch! They accomplish restoration and protection activities we could never afford hired staff to complete. Youth and adult volunteers are involved each year in a variety of hands-on habitat restoration projects such as oyster dome construction, oyster shell bar installation, salt marsh plantings and coastal cleanups to help the bay recover from its devastating environmental problems. Volunteers of all ages participate in our projects. Our coastal cleanups and salt marsh plantings are family-friendly and open to all ages. If you would like to be kept informed of our numerous volunteer opportunities, complete our online registration so you will receive our weekly email message which advertises our upcoming environmental restoration projects.
NJHS Service Hour Information
How many & when are they due?
· Before the end of next school year, you will need to earn at least
20 service hours.
What activities will count?
· You may receive credit for VOLUNTEER work that is not during school hours and work for which you are NOT paid (church volunteer activities are acceptable).
How do I record my hours?
· Document your service hours on a NJHS service hour log, or get a signed letter from the organization with which you volunteered. If you do not have your service hour log with you when you perform the service, have the adult in charge write or type a short letter that includes:
§ your NAME
§ the DATE
§ the TIME and/or NUMBER OF HOURS
§ a DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITY (examples: “helped serve meals to homeless”)
§ their SIGNATURE
When should I turn in my service hour logs?
· Turn in service hour sheets at NJHS monthly meetings, or any day during Homeroom. Due date will be at the end of May, 2016.
· You may get unlimited service hour logs from Mrs. Mizzi throughout the school year.
· There are two options for turning these in: You may keep the same sheet to record all your hours on and turn it in once your hours are complete, or You may turn in your hours gradually, handing in your service hour sheet at any monthly meeting (I’ll record those hours), and getting a new sheet for any future hours you earn (a good option for the less-organized!).
What are some good ways to earn my 20 hours?
· Several service hour opportunities will be offered through NJHS at school next year, but you will need to seek out and complete additional volunteering on your own. Some suggestions for places to contact if you’re looking for opportunities are: schools, churches, other non-profit organizations (try searching “non-profit organizations in Tampa” on the internet)